DIVER MASTER COURSE
Who should take this course?
Love scuba diving? Want to share it with others on a whole new level? Take the Dive master course and do what you love to do as a career. Scuba divers look up to dive masters because they are leaders who mentor and motivate others. As a dive master, you not only get to dive a lot, but also experience the joy of seeing others have as much fun diving as you do.
The Dive master course is your first level of professional training. Working closely with a Instructor, you’ll fine-tune your dive skills, like perfecting the effortless hover, and refine your rescue skills so you anticipate and easily solve common problems. You’ll gain dive knowledge, management and supervision abilities so you become a role model to divers everywhere.
As a Dive master, you’ll lead others as you supervise scuba diving activities and assist with diver training. Whether you want to work at a faraway dive destination or close to home at a local dive shop, the adventure of a lifetime awaits you. Dive masters are respected dive professionals who are aligned with the largest and most respected dive organization in the world –
Rescue Diver who are at least 18 years old may enroll in the Dive master course. You also need to have:
- Emergency First Response Primaryand Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- At least 40 logged dives to begin the course and 60 dives to earn certification.
Note that qualifying certifications from other diver training organization may apply – ask your Instructor.
What you will learn?
The Dive master course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, waters kills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the Dive master
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Dive master conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
Your instructor may also offer the Deep Dive and Search and Recovery Diver specialty diver courses along with your dive master training to help you meet all requirements and to broaden your abilities.
When can I start this course?
Courses are structured for each individual needs, time, budget and you need to have logged 40-60 dives to begin the course.
The option is to study face to face at Gold Coast Dive Centre by reading the Dive master Manual and watching the Dive master Video (a book and DVD package). Visit our website or call us to enroll in the course and get your Dive master Crew-Pak, which also includes other reference materials – like the Instructor Manual and The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving – that you’ll need during the course.
Gear Required for Dive Master
As a dive professional, you’ll want to have all your Basic Scuba equipment, including a Dive Computer, a Dive knife, and at least two Surface signaling device. During practical skills exercises, like underwater mapping and search and recovery, you’ll use a compass, floats, marker buoys, lift bags and slates. Your Instructor may suggest additional gear that will be useful throughout your diving career.
Check with Gold Coast Dive Centre for availability to get advice about everything you’ll need as a dive pro.
Follow Next steps
A few sample easy steps
- Get in contact with us by Phone, by email send us an enquiry
- Sign up online on (BOOK THIS COURSE NOW)
- We will book you in
- Course duration (to be advice by instructor)
- Medical Requirements
- Medical declaration to be completed on site before the course starts
- Fee Payment
- At the end of the course you will received a notification and receive your DIVE MASTER certification card by mail
WELCOME TO THE SCUBA DIVE WORLD